Saturday, December 19, 2009

A man who Let His Light Shine

A few days ago, our school co-ordinator Mrs. Gandhi ringed me up to confirm my presence at school for the next day. Caught b/w my day classes at the institute and my duties as the head of the school cabinet, I agreed to her proposal. It is custom at Rosary that every year, the respective heads of the staff & student councils alongwith the Principal meet the Auxiliary Bishop & Bishop to greet them on Christmas, which was why my presence was indispensible. We left for the Destination with bouqets, cards and gifts and reached there in about an hour. The Bishop was a man of purpose & focus,& The Aux. Bishop was a humble, soft man with kindness pouring down his eyes. Both of them received us warmly and we sang carols for them, gave them gifts, had a brief chat and bid adeiu. And then we met someone who left a deep impact in my mind- Fr. Panakal, our 1st Principal. An aged man, he still recalled his days with pride, & told us how he coined "Let Your Light
Shine", our school motto; a man who lived by his word always


The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment